The way to the AKH
The General Hospital Vienna (AKH) can be easily reached with public transport or car.
Subway: U6, station Michelbeuern. The walking bridge leads directly to the main entrance.
Tram: tram 5 und 33, stop Lazarettgasse
Night-bus: bus N6 und N64 stop at Währiger Gürtel near the main entrance
Taxi: these are located at the main entrance and at the entrance Lazarettgasse.
Please be aware that the whole 9th district is a billable short-term parking zone. It is recommended to use the garage of the AKH.
Entrance: "Innerer Währinger Gürtel", take the right lane down to the garage after the crossing Borschkegasse. ATTENTION: Take the middle lane at the ramp ("KURZPARKER").
Parking lots for the dissabled with ramps and automatic doors can be found in row 410.
Tips for the AKH garage
- If you park at "KURZPARKER" your car is located at level 4
- The rows are numbered in ascending order from the entrance
- The entrance to the AKH is only possible at level 5
- Mark down the number of the row. You can find the same numbers at level 5 to take the right entrance when you go back to your car
- The pay machines (color: yellow/black) are located at level 5 on each side of the tunnel that connects the entrance area with the rest of the hospital