- Components of the NF-kB signaling pathway (TRAF1, TRAF2, NIK, IKK1, IKK2, p65-NF-kB, IkBa) were fused to enhanced fluorescent proteins (ECFP, EGFP, EYFP, mammalian codon optimized).
- Fusion proteins were tested for functional integrity by reporter gene assays, co-immunoprecipitations and immunoblotting
- Chimeric proteins were transfected into various cell types (HUVEC, HeLa, 293) and investigated in living cells by fluorescence microscopy using a CCD camera device
- Kinetic studies were performed on a live cell imaging system in cooperation with the European Advanced Light Microscopy Facility, EMBL Heidelberg.
- Nuclear export processes via exportin-1 (crm1p) were blocked with Leptomycin B (20 nM).