Prof. Torsten Tonn, MD: "Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) - expressing natural killer cells (NK-92) for the treatment of ErbB2-positive malignancies"
Monday, July 3, 2017, 12.30 pm, Hygiene Institute, Seminar Room 3, Kinderspitalgasse 15, Vienna IX
COLLOQUIUM IN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY, INFECTIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
Torsten Tonn holds the chair for Transfusion Medicine at the Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden (Germany) and is medical director (CEO) of the German Red Cross Blood Donation Service North/East. Prior to this, Torsten Tonn worked 15 years at the department for Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Frankfurt/M, where he was head of the apheresis and cell & gene therapy unit. His scientific focus has been to facilitate the transfer of cell based therapies into clinical applications. He pioneered first in human clinical trials using the off-the-shelf- NK cell line NK-92 and together with Winfried Wels (Frankfurt/Germany) further engineered them to express tumor specific antigen receptors (CARs). Moreover he translated Streptamer-based cell isolation processes for antigen specific donor T lymphocytes into clinical practice. Torsten Tonn served in many committees, among them the cell based product working party (CPWP) of the CAT (European Medicines Agency, EMA).
- Neuenhahn M, Albrecht J, Odendahl M, Schlott F, Dössinger G, Schiemann M, Lakshmipathi S, Martin K, Bunjes D, Harsdorf S, Weissinger EM, Menzel H, Verbeek M, Uharek L, Kröger N, Wagner E, Kobbe G, Schroeder T, Schmitt M, Held G, Herr W, Germeroth L, Bonig H, Tonn T, Einsele H, Busch DH, Grigoleit GU: Transfer of minimally manipulated CMV-specific T cells from stem cell or third-party donors to treat CMV infection after allo-HSCT. Leukemia, 2017
- Oelsner S, Friede ME, Zhang C, Wagner J, Badura S, Bader P, Ullrich E, Ottmann OG, Klingemann H, Tonn T, Wels WS: Continuously expanding CAR NK-92 cells display selective cytotoxicity against B-cell leukemia and lymphoma. Cytotherapy, 2017
- Romanski A, Uherek C, Bug G, Seifried E, Klingemann H, Wels WS, Ottmann OG, Tonn T: CD19-CAR engineered NK-92 cells are sufficient to overcome NK cell resistance in B-cell malignancies. J Cell Mol Med, 2016
- Suck G, Odendahl M, Nowakowska P, Seidl C, Wels WS, Klingemann HG, Tonn T: NK-92: an ‘off-the-shelf therapeutic’ for adoptive natural killer cell-based cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Immunol Immunother, 2016
- Zhang C, Burger MC, Jennewein L, Genßler S, Schönfeld K, Zeiner P, Hattingen E, Harter PN, Mittelbronn M, Tonn T, Steinbach JP, Wels WS: ErbB2/HER2-Specific NK Cells for Targeted Therapy of Glioblastoma. J Natl Cancer Inst, 2016
- Odendahl M, Grigoleit GU, Bönig H, Neuenhahn M, Albrecht J, Anderl F, Germeroth L, Schmitz M, Bornhäuser M, Einsele H, Seifried E, Busch DH, and T Tonn: Clinical-scale isolation of ‘minimally manipulated’ cytomegalovirus-specific donor lymphocytes for the treatment of refractory cytomegalovirus disease. Cytotherapy, 2014
Host: Hannes Stockinger
zurück zu: CePII