Sebastian Burgstaller-Muehlbacher, PhD: “An open knowledge graph of genes, drugs and diseases in Wikidata”
Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:00 noon, Vienna Competence Center, Lazarettgasse 19, 1090 Vienna, seminar room, 1. floor
COLLOQUIUM IN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY, INFECTIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
Sebastian Burgstaller-Muehlbacher works as a research associate in the lab of Professor Andrew Su in the Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California, USA. In 2015, he completed his PhD at the Medical University of Vienna and subsequently moved to the Scripps Research Institute in March 2015. His current work is focused on reorganizing and restructuring scientific knowledge in biology, medicine and chemistry in order to speed up dissemination of scientific knowledge and data in human readable but also machine readable formats, facilitating hypothesis generation and ultimately accelerating scientific research. Hereby, his main focus is on exploring the interactions between human genes/proteins, diseases and chemical compounds/drugs with a strong interest in computational drug repurposing.
- Burgstaller-Muehlbacher, S. et al. Wikidata as a semantic framework for the Gene Wiki initiative. Database . 2016. doi:10.1093/database/baw015
- Putman TE, et al. Centralizing content and distributing labor: a community model for curating the very long tail of microbial genomes. Database . 2016. doi:10.1093/database/baw028
- Mitraka et al., Wikidata: A Platform for Data Integration and Dissemination for the Life Sciences and Beyond. Workshop Proceedings to the Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences, Cambridge, UK, Dec 7-10, 2015: 69-73.
- Wendt J, et al. Human Determinants and the Role of Melanocortin-1 Receptor Variants in Melanoma Risk Independent of UV Radiation Exposure. JAMA Dermatol. 2016;152: 776–782. doi:10.1001/ jamadermatol.2016.0050
- Burgstaller-Muehlbacher S. et al. Novel CDKN2A mutations in Austrian melanoma patients. Melanoma Res. 2015;25: 412–420. doi:10.1097/CMR.0000000000000179
Host: Hannes Stockinger
back to: CePII