Ljiljana Zmak, MD, PhD: "Nontuberculous Mycobacteria – what we have learned in the past 10 years"
Friday, February 24, 2017, 11.30 am, Hygiene Institute, Lecture Hall 1, Kinderspitalgasse 15, Vienna IX
COLLOQUIUM IN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY, INFECTIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
Ljiljana Zmak, Head of the National / Supranational reference laboratory for tuberculosis at the Croatian Institute of Public Health, Zagreb, Croatia was born in Pula in 1978, where she finished her high school education. She obtained her medical doctor degree in 2002 at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb (M.D.). From the 2002 to 2006 she worked at the Institute of Immunology, Zagreb as a research assistant. In 2007, she obtained her PhD in the field of viral immunology and finished the Master program in Business management. After five years of training in Medical microbiology and parasitology, she specialized in Clinical microbiology in 2011. Since 2015, she is an official support expert for tuberculosis of the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, and since February 2016, the Head of the National / Supranational reference laboratory for tuberculosis, Zagreb. Since 2007, she is enrolled in student teaching courses in clinical microbiology and parasitology, at the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb. She is a member of several national and international professional societies, and since 2014, secretary of the Croatian Society for Biosafety and Biosecurity.
She participated in national and international projects and has authored and co-authored several scientific papers, chapters in student and professional books and abstracts presented at international and national congresses. For the last 10 years, her main fields of interest are M. tuberculosis and non tuberculous mycobacteria.
- Zmak L, Obrovac M, Lovric Z, et al. Neglected disease in mentally ill patients: Major tuberculosis outbreak in a psychiatric hospital. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Oct 18. pii: S0196-6553(16)30830-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2016.09.004. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jankovic M, Sabol I, Zmak L et al. Microbiological criteria in non-tuberculous mycobacteria pulmonary disease: a tool for diagnosis and epidemiology. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2016;20(7):934-40.
- Zmak L, Obrovac M, Katalinic-Jankovic V. A snapshot of drug-resistant M. tuberculosis strains in Croatia. Adv Exp Med Biol 2016;901:103-8.
- Jankovic Makek M, Pavlisa G, Jakopovic M, Redzepi G, Zmak L, et al. Early onset of nontuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease contributes to the lethal outcome in lung transplant recipients: report of two cases and review of the literature. Transpl Infect Dis 2016;18(1):112-9.
- Zmak L et al . Isolation of non-tuberculous mycobacteria among tuberculosis patients during a five-year period in Croatia. Infect Dis 2015;17:1-2.
- Zlojtro M, Jankovic M, Samarzija M, Zmak L, et al. Nosocomial pseudo-outbreak of Mycobacterium gordonae associated with hospital’s water supplies contamination: a case series of 135 patients. Journal of Water and Health 2015;13(1):125-130.
- Zmak L et al. First insights into molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis in Croatia during a three-year period, 2009 to 2011. Scand J Inf Dis 2014;46(2):123-9.
Host: Lamiss Mejdoubi
back to: CePII