Prizes for scientists of our Center at the ÖGAI Symposium
C. Kitzmüller, C. Madritsch
At the Symposium "50 Years B-Lymphocytes" of the Austrian Society for Allergology and Immunology (ÖGAI), held on December 11 – 12, 2015 in Vienna, many scientists of our Center received prestigious prizes.
Congratulations to the awardees:
- The Clemens von Pirquet Prize for the best work in the field of allergology was awarded to Dr. Claudia KITZMÜLLER (IPA) for the work: Correlation of sensitizing capacity and T-cell recognition within the Bet v 1 family. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2015, 136(1):151-8.
- The Ursula and Fritz Melchers Thesis Prize for Immunology was awarded to Christoph MADRITSCH, PhD (for IPA, currently scientist at the HAI) for the work: Isolation of grass pollen specific IgE variable regions to study mechanisms of effector cell degranulatio.
In addition, the following MEDALS were awarded at the Symposium:
- The Clemens von Pirquet Medal was awarded to Prof. Gabrielle PAULI, Head of the Department of Pneumology, Strasbourg University Hospitals, France (nominated by Prof. Rudolf Valenta, IPA).
- The Karl Landsteiner Medal was awarded to Prof. Lorenzo MORETTA, President of the European Federation of Immunological Societies (EFIS) and Head of the Department of Immunology, Children's Hospital Bambino Gesù, Rome, Italy (nominated by Prof. H. Stockinger, Head of the Center).
Links: W.F. Pickl, G. Pauli, R. Valenta. Rechts: W.F. Pickl, R. Valenta, L. Moretta, H. Stockinger © VeroMotiv
Winner of an ORAL PRESENTATION PRIZE is:
- Sheron DZORO, MSc. (IPA): „Are house dust mites (HDM) potential carriers of bacteria responsible for the induciton of sensitization to microbial ‚allergens‘?“
Winners of POSTER PRESENTATION PRIZES are:
- Barbara GEPP, Dipl.-Ing. (IPA): „A chimeric protein containing the C-terminus of Bet v 1 is a potent inducer of basophil degranulation“
- Martin CANDIA, Lic. (IFI): „Establishment of a cellular, fluorescent-based, peptide binding assay for the selection of altered peptide ligands (APL) of immunodominant peptides of major pollen allergens“
- Carolin CORNELIUS, MSc. (IPA): „Hepatitis B-specific immune responses in grass pollen allergic patients immunized with the preS-based grass pollen allergy vaccine BM32“
- Lena MÜLLER, MSc. (IFI): „Nuclear receptor corepressor 1 (NCoR1) in T cell development and homeostasis“
About the Symposium: www.oegai.org
The President of the Austrian Society for Allergology and Immunology is Prof. W. F. Pickl, Institute of Immunology.
back to: CePII