The Vienna General Hospital can be reached by public transport or by car.
Underground: Line U6, stop Michelbeuern. A pedestrian bridge connects the station with the main entrance of the building.
Line 5 und 33, stop Lazarettgasse
Night lines (buses):
Line N6 und N64 stop Währiger Gürtel, which is close to the main entrance.
Taxis are waiting in front of the main entrance and at the entrance "Lazarettgasse".
In whole 9th district of Vienna parking is pay area. The underground parkade of the General Hospital of Vienna provides parking facilities. (Hourly parking rate is currently 2,60 €, capacity ca. 2.600 parking sites).
Driving route: Proceed via Inner Währinger Gürtel, at the traffic light of Borschkegasse turn right.
Attention: Use the middle lane leading to the parkade following the overhead sign "KURZPARKER" (short-term parking).
Parking sites for handicapped can be found in lane number 410.
Advices for the parking garage:
- Pull a park ticket from the dispenser to enter the parking lot.
- Short-term parking is at Floor 4.
- The lanes in the underground parkade are numbered in ascending order.
- The only entrance from the parkade to the General Hospital Vienna is on Floor 5. Upon entering the main Building 5, pleas memorize the number of the exit (for example: 406, means 4th Floor, 6th lane)
- The pay machines (yellow and black colored) are located on Floor 5 in the lobby of the Vienna General Hospital.
All entrances are wheelchair accessible.