Aneurysm, Ruptured; Aortic Aneurysm; Aortic Aneurysm, Abdominal; Biomarkers, Pharmacological; Cardiovascular Abnormalities; Cardiovascular Diseases; Cardiovascular System; Carotid Artery Diseases; General Surgery; Glomerular Filtration Rate; Kidney Failure, Chronic; Kidney Function Tests; Molecular Biology; Monocytes; Neutrophils; Randomized Controlled Trial
My main research focus is to investigate biomarkers and inflammatory components in cardiovascular and associated diseases, especially focused on translational research regarding neutrophils and neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) in abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs).
We perform different mouse models of AAA and the research is designed to elucidate molecular mechanisms of cardiovascular disease underlying different aspects of pathology and to develop novel therapeutic approaches.
In addition, I am involved in randomized clinical trials and biobanking at the Department of Surgery - Division of Vascular Surgery at the Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital.
- Best Young Investigator Award of the European and Austrian Society for Surgical Research 2020
- Award Winner of the Austrian Society of Surgery 2020
- Member of the International Society of Surgery
- Member of the Austrian Society of Vascular Surgery
- Member of the Austrian Society of Surgical Research
- Member of the Austrian Society of Surgery