The Molecular Research in Traditional Chinese Medicine group aims to study Chinese medicinal herbs and herbal formulas addressing the lifestyle related diseases: cancer, allergy and related inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
Our current major research interests are
- Establishing molecular and cell culture systems for investigations of Chinese medicinal herbs and herbal formulas
- Evaluation of Chinese herbal medicine (Panax quinquefolius saponins) treatment in tumor cells
- Exploring the mechanism of Chinese medicinal herb (Ganoderma lucidum) treatment of allergic diseases
- Investigating the molecular interactions of herbs in Chinese medicinal formulas
- Studying the functional roles and properties of the traditional Chinese herbal formula SNT in cardiovascular disease.