Medical University of Vienna
Department of Anesthesiology and General Intensive Care Medicine
Waehringer Guertel 18-20
1090 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 (0)1 40400 - 4107
Know-how and research interests
- Monitoring and organ protective interventions in all types of Critical Care patients with particular emphasis on the implementation of basic research into clinical practice.
- From hemodynamic monitoring to the prevention of risks in the development of organ dysfunction to all fields of organ support in profound organ dysfunction and failure including solid organ transplantation.
- Laboratory studies include the role of inflammation and apoptosis in the development of sepsis and organ dysfunction and failure as well as the clinical relevance of parameters to identification and prognosis.
Research topic (general title)
Critical Care with particular focus on sepsis, organ dysfunction and ~failure as well as organ support
Techniques and infrastructure of the research group
- All sort of hemodynamic and critical care monitoring from invasive to noninvasive techniques and recently implemented devices and strategies for organ support.
- Experimental research is performed in cooperation with laboratory facilities within the Viennese Medical University or foreign institutions.
5 selected publications
- Faybik P, Krenn CG. Extracorporeal liver support. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2013 Apr;19(2):149-53.
- Roth GA, Sipos W, Höferl M, Böhmdorfer M, Schmidt EM, Hetz H, Schebesta K, Klaus D, Motal M, Jäger W, Krenn CG. The effect of the molecular adsorbent recirculating system on moxifloxacin and meropenem plasma levels. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2013 Apr;57(4):461-7.
- Roth GA, Lebherz-Eichinger D, Ankersmit HJ, Hacker S, Hetz H, Vukovich T, Perne A, Reiter T, Farr A, Hörl WH, Haas M, Krenn CG. Increased total cytokeratin-18 serum and urine levels in chronic kidney disease. Clin Chim Acta. 2011 Apr 11;412(9-10):713-7.
- Schaden E, Herczeg P, Hacker S, Schopper A, Krenn CG. The role of advance directives in end-of-life decisions in Austria: survey of intensive care physicians. BMC Med Ethics. 2010 Oct 21;11:19.
- Roth GA, Lubsczyk BA, Pilz J, Faybik P, Hetz H, Krenn CG. Nucleosome serum levels in acute hepatic failure and MARS treatment. Transplant Proc. 2009 Dec;41(10):4207-10.