Medical University of Vienna
Department of Clinical Pharmacology
Waehringer Guertel 18-20
1090 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 (0)1 40400 - 2981
know-how and research interests
My experience as investigator comprises clinical studies with investigational medicinal products from first-in-humans to phase IV studies, trials with medical devices without and with CE mark, and general biomedical research projects initiated by industry sponsors as well as non-commercial studies as sponsor-investigator. I have jointly organized GCP training programmes and act as expert trainer in various continuous professional development courses, Master and PhD programmes. The scientific work includes clinical aspects of inflammation, vascular function, thrombosis, and metabolism.
Ongoing projects include investigations on
- Nitric oxide bioactivity in humans
- The autoregulative capacity of blood flow
- Vascular function in cardiovascular diseases: therapeutic targets for intervention
- Thrombus formation and procoagulant activity
- Adipocytokine regulation
Research topic (general title)
Inflammation and cardiovascular disease.
Techniques and infrastructure of the research group
In vivo blood flow measurements in humans (non-invasive and minimally invasive methodology), functional MRI imaging, in vivo and experimental thrombus formation, model of systemic human inflammation (LPS challenge), cell culture experiments
5 selected publications
- Andreas M, Schmid AI, Keilani M, Doberer D, Bartko J, Crevenna R, Moser E, Wolzt M. Effect of ischemic preconditioning in skeletal muscle measured by functional magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy: a randomized crossover trial. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 2011;13:32.
- Doberer D, Haschemi A, Andreas M, Zapf TC, Clive B, Jeitler M, Heinzl H, Wagner O, Wolzt M, Bilban M. Haem arginate infusion stimulates haem oxygenase-1 expression in healthy subjects. Br J Pharmacol 2010;161:1751-62.
- Dückelmann C, Mittermayer F, Haider DG, Altenberger J, Wolzt M. Plasma asymmetric dimethylarginine and cardiovascular events in patients with acute heart failure. Transl Res 2008;152:24-30.
- Storka A, Vojtassakova E, Müller M, Kapiotis S, Haider D, Jungbauer A, Wolzt M. Angiotensin inhibition stimulates PPAR and the release of visfatin. Eur J Clin Invest 2008;38:820-6.
- Schmidt WM, Spiel A, Jilma B, Wolzt M, Müller M. In vivo effects of simvastatin and rosuvastatin on global gene expression in peripheral blood leukocytes in a human inflammation model. Pharmacogenet Genomics 2008;18:109-120.