In vitro and in vivo models are used to investigate the cellular mechanisms of carcinogenic and chemopreventive compounds as well as newly developed cancer therapeutics. Translational Research projects will develop diagnostic procedures, new therapies, and preventive strategies. Intervention studies and Phase I clinical studies will be used to assess the impact of preventive strategies and to evaluate the suitability of diagnostic markers. Finally new therapeutics and diagnostic procedures are evaluated in clinical studies.
The main topics are:
- Cancer Causes: Risk factors and Prevention.
- Preclinical development of new therapeutics
- Clinical surgical oncology
- Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Clinical radiation oncology