The official CCHD curriculum starts with a 6 week lab rotation. During this time, all newly recruited CCHD students spend several days in each of the participating laboratories. The basic seminar also takes place during this period of time. In contrast to the technical focus of the lab rotation, the basic seminars will rather concentrate on clinical/therapeutic issues within the four main research areas.
For the scientific-medical propedeutics, the following courses are available for CCHD students:
- Good Scientific Practice and Ethics in Science
- Specific issues of research in the pharmaceutical industry, GMP, GLP
- Good Clinical Practice and medical statistics
- Project management and intellectual property rights
- Written and spoken science communication and science funding
- Basics of bioinformatics and infectious biology
The journal clubs ("critical paper review") are split up: one part during the period of lab rotations and in parallel to the topics of the basic seminar, the remaining part thereafter on a regular basis (biweekly).