The master course ends with a final exam held before a commission.
The student has to apply for the final exam by providing the following:
- confirmation of attendence of the modules of the curriculum
- confirmation of one year of dental practice either in an office or at the university. During this time all the theoretical and practical contents have to have been performed by the student independently.
- documentation of 5 comprehensively cases
- acceptance of the Master's Thesis
The commission for the final exam consists of 4 persons who are nominated by the course management.
The 4 members are:
- professor of the Medical University of Vienna
- professor of the Medical University Graz
- a member of the dental medical association
- the course director or its deputy
The final exam has 3 parts:
- oral exam of the theoretical contents of the curriculum and the scientific literature
- case presentation of the treated patients
- presentation of the Masters' Thesis