The Admission for Transfer students to Degree programmes in Medicine and Dentistry are only possible under certain conditions and deadlines.
Transfer Students Regulation
Entry to degree programmes in Human and Dental Medicine is possible in semesters 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11, pursuant to compliance with the Transfer Students Regulation.
Please make applications
- in person and
- in the period from 7 – 11 August 2017
to the Studies Department.
Please submit proof of academic success from your home university with itemisation of ECTS credits. Confirmation from the home university about successful completion of the covered year(s) of study is also required. At least 60 ECTS credits shall be verified in the compulsory curriculum each year. Verifications are essential in the original and as copies. In case of incomplete documents, applications cannot be processed.
Transfer Student Procedures
The admission procedure for transfer students are divided into the following steps:
- Review of application for compliance with the Transfer Students Regulation by the Curriculum Directorate
- Invitation of transfer candidates to the assessment procedure (profile test) to ascertain the sequence (deadline mid-September, evaluation by the 2nd allocation date)
Please note: The invitation to the test is only made for a specific semester if spare places are anticipated on the 1st allocation date
- Disclosure of allocated places (including sequence) on the 2nd allocation date
- Acceptance on study programme and allocation of a small group place by the Studies and Examinations Department
Irrespective of the Transfer Students Regulation, all admission criteria must be fulfilled.
Important dates and deadlines
|Academic year 2016/17|
|1st allocation date||End of July 2017 (allocation of places to Human and Dental Medicine students)|
|7 August - 11 August 2017||Application for transfer to MedUni Vienna|
|Mid-September 2017||Assessment procedure (sample test)|
|2nd allocation date||End of September 2017 (allocation of remaining places to students in Medicine and Dentistry, and then allocation of places to transfer students)|