Third-country citizens, who want to study Medicine or Dentistry at MedUni Vienna constitute the smallest place contingent.
Admission Requirements for Third-Party Citizens
The Non-EU contingent is reserved for applicants, who do not hold an EU citizenship, are not accorded the same status as EU citizens and obtained their secondary school leaving qualification within or outside the European Union.
So third-country citizens, who may have obtained secondary school leaving qualifications issued by a foreign school of an EU country, also fall within the Non-EU contingent. People accorded the same status as EU citizens are the exception to this rule.
The check of the qualification for university entrance and the other necessary documents occurs during the personal admission to the university, after the results of the admission tests have been published.
Third-party citizens with a secondary school leaving qualification from within or outside the EU have to prove their special qualification for university studies acc. to § 65 Universitätsgesetz 2002 (UG) in the framework of the admission to the Medical University of Vienna.
For this, fill out the application for admission to the programme form ("Ansuchen um Zulassung zum Studium") and attach all the necessary documents.
In case of foreign-language documents please always enclose a certified German or English translation and submit all your documents in the original (or certified copy) plus a copy.
Further helpful information:
- Information on the equivalence of qualifications for university entrance.
- Information on the proof of required German skills.
- Information on supplementary examinations in Biology and Latin.
- Information on the International Baccalaureate.
- Information for applicants from the USA.
- Information for applicants from Turkey.
- Information for applicants from China.
- Information for applicants from European Schools.
- Information for applicants from UK.