Barrett Esophagus; Carcinoma, Pancreatic Ductal; Esophageal Neoplasms; Esophagectomy; Esophagogastric Junction; Fibroblast Growth Factors; Gastrectomy; Gastroesophageal Reflux; Inflammation; Neoadjuvant Therapy; Pancreatic Cancer; Pancreatic Neoplasms; Pancreaticoduodenectomy; Pancreatitis; Receptors, Fibroblast Growth Factor; Translational Medical Research
- Local and Systemic Inflammation in Gastric, Esophageal and Pancreatic Cancer
- Molecular Peritoneal Staging in Gastric, Esophageal and Pancreatic Cancer
- Expression of Fibroblast Growth Factors and its Receptors in (neoadjuvantly treated) Gastric, Esophageal and Pancreatic Cancer
- Prognostic Value of Preoperative Laboratory Results in Gastric, Esophageal and Pancreatic Cancer
- Biobanking: Establishing a Biobank for Upper-GI and Pancreatic Malignancies
- Perioperative Stress-Induced Biomarkers on Stress Signaling Receptors in Esophageal and Pancreatic Cancer Patients
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Upper-GI Biobank
- Pancreatic Cancer Biobank
- Analyzing Esophageal and Pancreatic Cancer RNASeq Data from TCGA (The Cancer Genome Atlas)
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Quantitative RT-PCR
- Retrospective Clinical Studies
- Jormich G. et al., 2022. Expression of programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1) and programmed cell death 1 ligand (PD-L1) in adenocarcinomas of the gastroesophageal junction change significantly after neoadjuvant treatment. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34404561.
- Jomrich, G. et al., 2021. High Systemic Immune-Inflammation Index is an Adverse Prognostic Factor for Patients With Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31425286/.
- Jomrich, G. et al., 2019. Expression of FGF8, FGF18, and FGFR4 in Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinomas.Available at: https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4409/8/9/1092.
- Jomrich, G. et al. (2019) ‘Systemic Immune-Inflammation Index (SII) Predicts Poor Survival in Pancreatic Cancer Patients Undergoing Resection’, Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, 24(3), pp. 610–618. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11605-019-04187-z.
- Jomrich, G. et al. (2019) ‘High Mean Corpuscular Volume Predicts Poor Outcome for Patients With Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma’, Annals of Surgical Oncology, 26(4), pp. 976–985. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1245/s10434-019-07186-1.