Health Care Surveys; Health Promotion; Preventive Medicine; Public Health; Telemedicine
- Environmental Medicine
I am currently working at the Department of Environmental Health, Center for Public Health, Medical University of Vienna, Austria. In addition to considerable teaching experience, my previous research mainly focused on occupational and environmental medicine. In the last years, I have been involved in research investigating how natural environments contribute to human health and wellbeing. I further coordinate a research group investigating the impact of telemedicine on patient empowerment. In the last years, I was involved in several large-scale research projects, mainly focusing on the Public Health aspects of ambient air pollution in Europe.
Research interests: Public Health, health promotion, environmental health, telemedicine, science communication.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Haluza, D., Schonbauer, R. & Cervinka, R., 2014. Green Perspectives for Public Health: A Narrative Review on the Physiological Effects of Experiencing Outdoor Nature. IJERPH, 11(5), pp.5445-5461. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijerph110505445.
- Haluza, D. & Jungwirth, D., 2014. ICT AND THE FUTURE OF HEALTH CARE: ASPECTS OF DOCTOR-PATIENT COMMUNICATION. Int J Technol Assess Health Care, 30(03), pp.298-305. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0266462314000294.
- Haluza, D. & Jungwirth, D., 2015. ICT and the future of health care: aspects of health promotion. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 84(1), pp.48-57. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2014.09.005.
- Haluza, D., Simic, S. & Moshammer, H., 2014. Temporal and Spatial Melanoma Trends in Austria: An Ecological Study. IJERPH, 11(1), pp.734-748. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijerph110100734.
- Haluza, D. et al., 2012. Estimated health impact of a shift from light fuel to residential wood-burning in Upper Austria. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, 22(4), pp.339-343. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/jes.2012.27.