Arthritis, Rheumatoid; Biomarkers, Pharmacological; Clinical Trial; Geriatrics; Musculoskeletal Diseases; Patient Outcome Assessment; Treatment Outcome
- Outcomes in musculuskelettal and inflammatory diseases
1. Outcomes analyses of longitudinal observational clinical, radiographic and laboratory data prospectively assessed in rheumatoid arthritis patients. A focous is set to prediction of response, patient reported outcomes and interactions with objectively assessed outcoes.
2. Analyses of novel biomarkers in coopertion with FP7 framework funded projects to estimate the relevance for further characterizing the disease / disease progression or potentially predicting treatment response.
3. Outcomes Assessment in musculuskelettal diseases and burden of disease in the elderly to reduce fraility and assess methods to increase quality of life
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Developing observational studies for biomarker and clinical outcomes assessment.
- Clinical database development and quality control.
- Epidemiologic and statistical methods, concerning Risk, Reliability, Validity and longitudinal Studies
- Studenic, P. et al., 2015. Reliability of patient-reported outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis patients: an observational prospective study. Rheumatology, p.kev282. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kev282.
- Studenic, P. et al., 2012. Discrepancies between patients and physicians in their perceptions of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64(9), pp.2814-2823. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/art.34543.
- Studenic, P., Smolen, J.S. & Aletaha, D., 2012. Near misses of ACR/EULAR criteria for remission: effects of patient global assessment in Boolean and index-based definitions. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 71(10), pp.1702-1705. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2012-201519.