Biocompatible Materials; Cell Culture Techniques; Dental Bonding; Dental Cements; Fibroblasts
Test protocols for cytotoxicity testing require fine tuning for oral biomaterials to obtain international comparability as the basis for risk assessment. Therefore my main research focus is to develop standardized test protocols for dental materials resembling conditions similar to the oral cavity.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Cytotoxicity of a variety of dental materials is tested using cell lines (e.g. L929 mouse fibroblasts, primary human gingival fibroblasts). Different test specimens and environmental conditions are applied. Protocols are in line with ISO 7405.
- Cytotoxicity of post and core composites as a function of environmental conditions.
- Comparison of marginal fit of cemented zirconia copings manufactured after digital impression with lava,
- Cytotoxicity of four categories of dental cements.
- Cytotoxic effects of dental bonding substances as a function of degree of conversion.
- Cytotoxicity and shear bond strength of four orthodontic adhesive systems.