Amyloidosis; Aortic Valve; Cardiac Imaging Techniques; Fibrosis; Heart Failure; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Mitral Valve; Tricuspid Valve
- ARGE Mascherbauer
My main research focus is to non-invasively characterize mycoardial tissue. In our cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) center (head: Prof. Julia Mascherbauer), we use novel techniques (T1-mapping) to study alterations in myocardial interstitial space caused by a variety of pathological conditions. These include valvular heart disease, heart failure with an emphasis on heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF), and cardiac amyloidosis.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- T1-mapping: modified Look-Locker inversion sequence (MOLLI) on a CMR dedicated 1.5 T system
- cmr42 for CMR advanced analysis
- TissueFAXS analysis
- Body composition monitoring device for fluid status assessment
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2014. Right Ventricular Dysfunction, But Not Tricuspid Regurgitation, Is Associated With Outcome Late After Left Heart Valve Procedure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 64(24), pp.2633-2642. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2014.09.062.
- Kammerlander, A.A.* (shared) et al., 2015. Pulmonary artery to aorta ratio for the detection of pulmonary hypertension: cardiovascular magnetic resonance and invasive hemodynamics in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 17(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12968-015-0184-3.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2016. T1 Mapping by CMR Imaging. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 9(1), pp.14-23. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2015.11.002.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2017. Diameter of the Pulmonary Artery in Relation to the Ascending Aorta: Association with Cardiovascular Outcome. Radiology, p.161849. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2017161849.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2017. Extracellular volume quantification by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging without hematocrit sampling. Wiener klinische Wochenschrift. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00508-017-1267-y.