Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Health Care Sector; Public Health
- Health Economics
- economic evaluation (cost-effectiveness, cost-of-illness, etc.);
- costing (unit costs);
- socioeconomic gradient in health care and health care use;
- interplay of suppliers of health care;
- quantitative research;
- qualitative research;
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- economic evaluation
- econometric analysis
- (qualitative analysis)
- Mayer, S. & Osterle, A., 2014. Socioeconomic determinants of prescribed and non-prescribed medicine consumption in Austria. The European Journal of Public Health, 25(4), pp.597-603. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/cku179.
- Czypionka, T., Kraus, M., Mayer, S., Rohrling, G., 2013. Efficiency, ownership, and financing of hospitals: The case of Austria. Health Care Management Science, 17(4), pp.331-347. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10729-013-9256-9.
- Simon, J., Gray, A., Mayer, S., Laszewska, A., Rugkasa, J., Yeeles, K., Burns, T. (2015). Cost-effectiveness of Community Treatment Orders (CTOs): Economic Evaluation of the OCTET Study. Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics, 18 (S1), pp.S36.
- Horvath, L. & Mayer, S., 2010. Caring for informal caregivers: policy approaches to the provision of direct support services. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 23(3), pp.263-277. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13511610.2011.553513.