Acute Coronary Syndrome; Carbon Monoxide Poisoning; Critical Care; Emergency Medical Services; Emergency Medicine; Epidemiology; Evidence-Based Medicine; Intensive Care; Research Design
- Clinical Epidemiology (Prof. Herkner)
- Team Prof. Schreiber
- Clinical epidemiology
- Clinical research synthesis
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Prehospital emergency medicine
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
In the fields of prehospital and inhospital emergency medicine, we perform both controlled and observational trials.
We maintain a number of registries, including a nationwide EMS-resuscitation registry (AURORA), a comprehensive ACS registry and a CO-poisoning registry (VICE).
In the field of clinical research synthesis we contribute to the Cochrane Collaboration and share expertise with numerous local and international partners.
- Roth, D. et al., 2011. Accuracy of Noninvasive Multiwave Pulse Oximetry Compared With Carboxyhemoglobin From Blood Gas Analysis in Unselected Emergency Department Patients. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 58(1), pp.74-79. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2010.12.024.
- Roth, D. et al., 2013. Exposure to Carbon Monoxide for Patients and Providers in an Urban Emergency Medical Service. Prehosp Emerg Care, 17(3), pp.354-360. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2012.761306.
- Roth, D. et al., 2014. Prevalence of carbon monoxide poisoning in patients presenting to a large emergency department. Int J Clin Pract, 68(10), pp.1239-1245. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijcp.12432.
- Roth, D. et al., 2015. Safety and Feasibility of the Laryngeal Tube When Used by EMTs During Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 33(8), pp.1050-1055. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2015.04.048.
- Roth, D. et al., 2016. Different Mortality Time Points in Critical Care Trials. Critical Care Medicine, p.1. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0000000000001631.