Anxiety; Benzodiazepines; Bipolar Disorder; Dementia; Depression; Gonadal Steroid Hormones; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Multimodal Imaging; Neurobiology; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Phytotherapy; Positron-Emission Tomography; Psychopharmacology; Schizophrenia; Transsexualism
Neuroimaging, Neurogenetics, Psychopharmacology, Translational Research, Neurobiology, Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Dementia, Schizophrenia.
Dr. Siegfried Kasper is Professor of Psychiatry and Head of the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria. He serves/ed on the executive committees and advisory boards of several national and international societies, such as the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP), the European Psychiatric Association (EPA) and the International College of Neuropsychopharmacology (CINP). Moreover he is Chair of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA) Section of Pharmacopsychiatry. He is Chief-Editor of the World Journal of Biological Psychiatry and the International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice and Field Editor of the International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- "MAN-BIOPSY" - Multimodal Assessment of Neurobiological Markers for Psychiatric Disorders (2011)
Source of Funding: OeNB (Oesterreichische Nationalbank), Anniversary Fund
- Kasper S, Iglesias-Garcia C, Schweizer E, Wilson J, DuBrava S, Prieto R, Pitman V, Knapp L (2014) Pregabalin long-term treatment and assessment of discontinuation in patients with generalized anxiety disorder Int J Neuropsychopharmacol, 17 (05): 685-695
- Kasper S, Hajak G, Wulff K, Hoogendijk W, Montejo A, Smeraldi E, Rybakowski J, Quera-Salva M, Wirz-Justice A, Picarel-Blanchot F, Bayle F (2010) Efficacy of the Novel Antidepressant Agomelatine on the Circadian Rest-Activity Cycle and Depressive and Anxiety Symptoms in Patients With Major Depressive Disorder J Clin Psychiatry, 71 (02): 109-120
- Kasper S, Stein DJ, Loft H, Nil R (2005) Escitalopram in the treatment of social anxiety disorder: Randomised, placebo-controlled, flexible-dosage study Br J Psychiatry, 186 (3): 222-226
- Kasper S, Lerman M, McQuade R, Saha A, Carson W, Ali M, Archibald D, Ingenito G, Marcus R, Pigott T (2003) Efficacy and safety of aripiprazole vs. haloperidol for long-term maintenance treatment following acute relapse of schizophrenia Int J Neuropsychopharmacol, 6 (4): 325-337
- Kasper S, Wehr TA, Bartko JJ, Gaist PA, Rosenthal NE (1989) Epidemiological Findings of Seasonal Changes in Mood and Behavior Arch Gen Psychiatry, 46 (9): 823