-gender differences; Anatomic Landmarks; Anatomic Variation; Anatomy; Anatomy, Comparative; Anatomy, Cross-Sectional; Anatomy, Regional; Biomechanical Phenomena; Functional Laterality; History of Medicine; Human Development; Larynx; Musculoskeletal System
- Topographical and Surgical Anatomy Group
My main fields of interest are the topographical and functional anatomy of the human movement apparatus with special emphasis on the anatomy of the foot, topics in the field of radiological anatomy and anatomical variations, including developmental anomalies as well as phenomenons of lateralisation and sexual dimorphism. Furthermore I am interested in the biomechanics of bone and arthrokinematics, functional anatomy of the pelvic floor and adjacent structures, medical history with special emphasis on the history of Anatomy, the motor innervation of the laryngeal muscles (especially in the albino rat and rabbit) as well as the topographic anatomy base to minimal invasive surgery of the limb joints and vertebral column.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
A broad spectrum of macroscopical anatomical techniques, basic histological and imaging techniques (including plain x-ray applications) are used. Anatomical dissections are either performed with the naked eye or as microdissections.
- Pretterklieber, M.L., Krammer, E.B.: Sphenoidal Artery, Ramus Orbitalis Persistens and Pterygospinous Muscle - a unique Co - occurrence of First Branchial Arch Anomalies in Man. Acta Anat 155: 136 - 144, (1996).
- Pretterklieber, M.L.: Functional Anatomy of the Human Intrinsic Laryngeal Muscles. Eur Surg 35: 250-258 (2003)
- Nemschak, G. & Pretterklieber, M.L., 2012. The Patellar Arterial Supply via the Infrapatellar Fat Pad (of Hoffa): A Combined Anatomical and Angiographical Analysis. Anatomy Research International, 2012, pp.1-10. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2012/713838..
- Huang B.K., Campos J.C., Ghobrial, P., Peschka M., Pretterklieber M.L., Skaf A.Y., Chung C.B., and Pathria M.N. Injury of the Gluteal Aponeurotic Fascia and Proximal Iliotibial Band: Anatomy, Pathologic Conditions, and MR Imaging RadioGraphics 2013;33:1437-1452
- Resnick, D., Kang, H.S., Pretterklieber, M.L.: Internal Derangements of Joints, 2nd Edition. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2006