Congratulations! You have finished your doctoral thesis. All you have to do now is to submit it for approval. This is how it takes place.
At the date of the submission of the completed doctoral thesis, during the processes of plagiarism check and reviewing and at the date of the doctoral viva there has to be a valid enrolment for the studies.
Please follow the check list below before submitting your doctoral thesis:
- contact your thesis supervisor and get the acceptance for the thesis submission!
- Students should avoid any form of plagiarism and are bound to get informed about serious consequences that result from this form of misconduct.
Further information about this subject can be found under the following web-link:
If there are any further questions about plagiarism after reading this pdf.-file please ask your supervisor.
- see thesis outline
- write one English and one German abstract (about 1 A4 page each) and integrate it into your thesis (must be part of the table of contents)
- add your list of publications (it available) and your curriculum vitae at your thesis.
- pay special attention to the cover page of your thesis.
To be definitely included:
a. Doctoral Thesis at the Medical University of Vienna for obtaining the "PhD"-Degree,
b. title of the doctoral thesis (please do not use abbreviations),
c. your name as the author,
d. supervisor (including the institute/center/department),
e. place and date of compilation and submission
>> please see UN094 template for the cover page
- a PdF/A-version of the doctoral thesis (in A4 format) is required,
Suggestion for formatting:
Arial 11 pt; line spacing: 1,5 lines; margin: 2-3 cm
>> please see Guidelines for PdF/A - Conversion
The file forgoing the conversion to PdF/A must be in one of these file formats: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), Google Docs (submitted via the Google Drive submission option), plain text files
>> please see
After having completed all your mandatory course work, please
- upload your thesis via the MedCampus.
See a short guideline how to find the upload mask. PDFA-Leitfaden.pdf
Do not upload any files bigger than 18MB.
- In addition please send in PdF-format via @mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
. "Declaration of consent"
. "Ethics declaration"
. "application for blocking" if necessary (e.g. in case of patents, publications, ..)
. first-author publication(s) and the impact factor(s) of the journal(s)
(in PhD N094 at least one first author paper is required)
- please make sure that there are no unpaid fees left on your university library account.
The reviewing process
You uploaded thesis will be submitted to
- a plagiarism check,
- the anonymous reviewers/experts.
After submission of your thesis at the Medical University of Vienna the direction of curriculum assigns two independent experts with the approval. After the arrival of the positive expert opinions the examination board is nominated and a date for the doctoral viva between you and the board is fixed. The period between the submission of the thesis and the date of the doctoral viva can last up to 3 months.
After the thesis reviewing process please manage the following:
- electronical thesis registration of the doctoral thesis on the MUV-library´s web site