- The prerequisite for admission to the Master's examination is the positive completion of all prescribed modules and examinations as well as the positive assessment of the Master's thesis.
The Master's examination is a defensio. It consists of the defence of the Master's thesis and an examination on its scientific environment in the form of a single examination act by an examination senate. The Master's examination shall be oral.
- The Master's examination is worth 3 ECTS credits.
- The rules of the statutes (Satzung) of the Medical University of Vienna apply to the Master's examination. Students who fulfil the requirements register with the competent governing body of the Medical University of Vienna in terms of study law. The examination senate may provide for persons of both universities.
- The examination panel shall award an assessment in the following form; positive success shall be assessed as "sehr gut" (1), "gut" (2), "befriedigend" (3), "genügend" (4), negative success shall be assessed as "nicht genügend" (5)
Notification of the Master's examination
The requirements for registering for the oral commission Master's examination is the complete successful completion of
- all prescribed modules and examinations
- positive assessment of the Master's thesis
When registering for the examination, the following must be brought along as originals and copies
- proof of citizenship (or passport)
- Evidence of any academic titlesl
- Proof of free electives (if selected)
- Proof of laboratory practice