Find some helpful recommendations for the thesis registration procedure in this section. If there are further suggestions or conditions by your programme coordinator please pay attention to these.
Recommended thesis registration procedure:
- tell your supervisor to contact the programme coordinator if the supervisor is not evaluated yet as a senior- resp. junior- supervisor within the thematic programme
- work out the thesis proposal and get the agreement by your supervisor
- discuss two further members of your thesis committee with your supervisor;
in the event that the supervisor has "junior supervisor"-status:
the programme coordinator provides a senior supervisor evaluated within the thematic programme who may be one of the two further committee members
- submit the thesis proposal and the data of your thesis committee members to the programme coordinator
- the programme coordinator decides over the proposal; get all data and signatures required (except by direction of curriculum) on the thesis registration form if the programme coordinator agrees
- submit the thesis registration form and the thesis proposal in hard copy to the Studies Department
(see forms and contact information below)
Beside your chosen supervisor, two further members of your thesis committee may be suggested to the programme coordinator. They should have to hold the "venia docendi" (Doz./Prof.) in case they are not evaluated within a thematic programme. At least one of the two further members must not belong to the organizational unit of the supervisor.
Students of doctoral studies (UN094/UN790/N090) at the MedUni Vienna are to be employed for the thesis elaboration. Please discuss the possible employment with the supervisor.
Data privacy information:
Before you implement a survey at the Medical University of Vienna (online or by sharing-out questionnaires) you have to request for the statement of the inner-university data protection committee. This procedure concerns all administerings of questionnaire that collect data of the university employees, students and applicants to studies at the MedUni Vienna. For more detailed information please visit the webpage of the Data Protection Commission.
These regulations concern all students who have not registered the doctoral thesis yet.
Only those courses will be accredited that have been attended during the two semesters preceding the semester in which the thesis registration is submitted (e.g.: when the thesis registration is submitted in summer term 2017, i.e. latest by the end of September 2017, only courses completed during summer semester 2016 and/or winter semester 2016/2017 will be accredited.)
Please see 2 examples for thesis proposals.