With the start of the winter semester 2022, all students who are enrolled for the Master's programme "Molecular Precision Medicine" will have the opportunity to make a personal appointment with the respective Curriculum Director Thomas Leonard and Deputy Curriculum Director Ruth Herbst. You are welcome to drop in spontaneously (with a short waiting time) or make an appointment in advance.
The opening hours are every Friday from 10:00-12:00 in 2-week intervals.
7.10.2022 (Leonard); 21.10.2022 (Herbst); 4.11.2022 (Leonard); 18.11.2022 (Herbst), ...
Prof. Thomas Leonard at Vienna Bio Center 5 , 1030 Vienna, room 1.616
Prof. Ruth Herbst at Kinderspitalgasse 15, 1090 Vienna
- Since the number of places in the Master's programme "Molecular Precision Medicine" is limited, a suitable application procedure decides on your admission. Therefore, please note that there is an application deadline (1x per year) and that this may have already expired or not yet started.
- On our Studies & Continuing Education homepage you will find all the necessary information and requirements that you must fulfil in order to be able to apply for the Master's programme Molecular Precision Medicine.
What happens if I miss the application deadline?
- After you have missed the application deadline, you will unfortunately have to wait until the next selection procedure next year.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept new students after the start of the programme. This is partly for procedural and administrative reasons. But mainly out of respect for applicants who have already been assessed and have been offered a place. Please apply as part of a selection process on our Studies & Continuing Education homepage
What are the deadlines?
You can find the current deadlines here in our academic calendar
- In the Master's programme Molecular Precision Medicine, students are automatically registered for the required courses as it is a full-time programme and attendance is a priority.
- Exceptions are the excursions group 1 - 5 and exams. Here, students must register in good time in MedCampus for a suitable group/examination date.
- You can also find the complete lecture schedule in MedCampus under your schedule.
- Due to the EU Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), we are only allowed to send personal data and information about your student address. (as this serves as proof of your identity).
- Go to our Meduni Vienna homepage, click on the Menu tab and then on Meduni Students. Now you will see the item Webmail Students.
- The standard teaching platform is currently Moodle, where the teaching materials are made available before and after the lecture and can be downloaded at any time.
- Please log in with your MedCampus log in data, which you received during enrolment.
- If you need help with the Moodle platform, please contact the ITSC Moodle team at email@example.com.
What is an ÖH contribution and do I have to pay it?
ÖH is the abbreviation for "österreichische Hochschülerschaft", the ÖH fee finances student representation at all Austrian universities. The ÖH fee also covers accident and liability insurance. The ÖH fee must be paid every semester in order to maintain a student relationship.
Are there tuition fees and how much do they cost?
The tuition fee depends on a valid residence title on the one hand and on the duration of studies on the other hand. The Master's programme "Molecular Precision Medicine" lasts 4 semesters plus 2 tolerance semesters, so the tuition fee is due from the 6th semester.
Is it possible to waive the tuition fees?
A temporary exemption from tuition fees exists for regular students of a Master's or doctoral programme for the duration of the standard period of study plus two tolerance semesters. For non-EU/EEA citizens, a residence permit (e.g. VISA D, Red-White-Red Card) must also be presented. You can find all further information here.
I forgot to pay my tuition fees, what now?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you notice that you have been exmatriculated. In the worst case scenario, you will have to re-admit for the following semester. This can only be decided on a case-by-case basis.n.
- For the enrolment of the 2nd semester (and each subsequent semester), you must pay the required tuition and ÖH fee for each semester within the enrolment deadlines.
- The online payment data for further enrolment can be found in MedCampus under the menu item "Tuition fee status".
If the payment for enrolment is not made within the prescribed deadlines, your admission, enrolment and MedCampus student account will be blocked!
I have registered for the second semester - what happens to the student card?
You have to pay the tuition fees (ÖH amount) every semester. After that you have to activate your student card. (Note: You have already paid for the first semester and activated the card at enrolment).
To activate your student card, you can visit us in the Student Affairs Department at Währingerstraße 25a, 1090 Vienna. Insert your card into the white terminal in the entrance area.
Alternatively, you can also visit the University Library and the ÖH med Wien at the AKH, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Vienna (please note the special opening hours).
How can I deregister from the programme?
Write a short email from your student email address and announce that you want to terminate your studies. Alternatively, simply stop paying the ÖH/study fee and you will automatically be exmatriculated.
Can I suspend my studies or take a leave of absence?
It is possible to take a leave of absence, but you may not complete any academic work during the leave of absence. You can find further information here on our homepage. It is not possible to suspend your studies, but you can exmatriculate and re-admit at a later date; your achievements will be retained.
I am studying at another university - how can I transfer to MUW?
You have to go through the normal admission process. If you have already paid the ÖH fee at another university, you do not have to pay it again with us.