Aortic Diseases; Cardiac Imaging Techniques; Cardiovascular Diseases; Four-Dimensional Computed Tomography
- Cardiovascular Imaging
Research Area: Cardiac CT; Cardiac MR; Aortic Diseases; Imaging; peripheral vascular system
My main research and clincial interest is the develop and to establish modern non-invasive cardiovascular imaging modalities. A sepcial focus is on aortic diesease, including diagnostic imaging, treatment decision making and plainng as well as treatment evaluation.The close and fruitful cooperation with allied specialties inclduing cardiac and vacular surgeons, cardiologists, nuclear medicine specialists, anthesiologists and more is key and a special motivator and facilitator.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
State-of-the-Art Multimodality Cardiovascular Imaging; Multiparametric Cardiac MR; functional CT imaging; fusion imaging; image-guided therapy
- Most recent CT-scanners; pre-market relased C-arm system, equipped with prototype software (in collaboration with partners from the Industry)
- planed pre-market release of enw generation CT system; Hybrid-Imaging facilty (C-arm + CT);
- most recent MR scanners (1.5T and 3T)
- in collaboration with Div. of Nucelar Medicine: MR-PET and PET-CT
- Prototype 3D-workstation (developed with the Technical University of Vienna)
- Francone, M. et al., 2019. CT and MR imaging prior to transcatheter aortic valve implantation: standardisation of scanning protocols, measurements and reporting—a consensus document by the European Society of Cardiovascular Radiology (ESCR). European Radiology, 30(5), pp.2627–2650. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00330-019-06357-8.
- Javor, D. et al., 2016. Endoleak detection using single-acquisition split-bolus dual-energy computer tomography (DECT). European Radiology, 27(4), pp.1622–1630. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00330-016-4480-6.
- Loewe, C., 2019. Hemodynamically Significant Coronary Stenosis: Detection with CT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging versus Machine Learning Coronary CT Fractional Flow Reserve. Radiology, 293(2), pp.315–316. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2019191911.
- Loewe, C. et al., 2015. MR Angiography at 3 T of Peripheral Arterial Disease: A Randomized Prospective Comparison of Gadoterate Meglumine and Gadobutrol. American Journal of Roentgenology, 204(6), pp.1311–1321. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.2214/AJR.14.12604.
- Loewe, C. et al., 2012. A New Mechanism by Which an Acute Type B Aortic Dissection Is Primarily Complicated, Becomes Complicated, or Remains Uncomplicated. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 93(4), pp.1215–1222. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2011.12.020.