Amenorrhea; Infertility; Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
My main research focuses are polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, amenorrhoea, thyroid disorders and their association with female health, recurrent miscarriage, and reproductive surgery. The research is designed to elucidate clinical/ therapeutical issues and to shed light on pathophysiologic mechanisms.
In addition, I have the honor to be a part of the working group of placental abnormalities and maternal ultrasound in the field of feto-maternal medicine.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Clinical trials (prospective randomized trials, prospective cohort studies), meta-analyses.
- Hager M. et al., 2020. The Prevalence of Incidental Endometriosis in Women Undergoing Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling for Clomiphene-Resistant Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: A Retrospective Cohort Study and Meta-Analysis. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6722764/pdf/jcm-08-01210.pd.
- Hager M. et al., 2019. The effect of slow release insemination on pregnancy rates: report of two randomized controlled pilot studies and meta-analysis. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 295(4), pp.1025-1032. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00404-017-4290-3.
- Nouri, K. et al., 2016. The impact of a standardized micronutrient supplementation on PCOS-typical parameters: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2019 Aug;300(2):455-460. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6592962/pdf/404_2019_Article_5194.pd.
- Ott, J. et al., 2019. Assessment of Tubal Patency: A Prospective Comparison of Diagnostic Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopic Chromopertubation. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2020 Jan;27(1):135-140. Available at: https://www.jmig.org/article/S1553-4650(19)30127-X/fulltex.
- Ott, J. et al., 2014. Perioperative androstenedione kinetics in women undergoing laparoscopic ovarian drilling: a prospective study. Endocrine, 47(3), pp.936-942. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12020-014-0267-1.