Health Promotion; Intellectual Disability; Mental Health; Oncology; Palliative Care; Psychology, Clinical; Psychometrics; Statistics
- Palliative and Geriatric Oncology Science Group
Head: Matthias Unseld
Research Area: Physiology and Psychology of the Elderly in a Palliative and Geriatric Context.
- A Bio-Psycho-Social Approach to Health Equity
Head: Elisabeth Zeilinger
Research Area: We target health and healthcare for vulnerable or marginalised populations, e.g. people with disabilities, people of low socio-economic status, and people with advanced diseases, taking into account a holistic approach to health that includes somatic, psychological, and social aspects.
- Cancer - Understanding Prevention in Intellectual Disabilities (CUPID) (2022)
Source of Funding: EU, COST - European Cooperation in Science and Technology
Coordinator of the collaborative project
- Colorectal Cancer Prevention in Austria: Including People with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (2022)
Source of Funding: OeGHO (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Hämatologie & Medizinische Onkologie), ASHO Clinical Research Grant
- Facilitators and Barriers to Breast Cancer Screening in Women with Intellectual Disability in Austria (2022)
Source of Funding: Medical Scientific Fund of the Mayor of the City of Vienna, City of Vienna Fund for Innovative Interdisciplinary Cancer Research
- Mental Health in People with Intellectual Disabilities (2022)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), ESPRIT
- Psycho-oncology Care in the Outpatient Setting (2022)
Source of Funding: PHARMIG, MSD Join4Care
- Back-2-Research Grant (2019)
Source of Funding: MedUni Vienna & University of Vienna, Marie Jahoda Stipendium
- Mobility Grant to Rome, Italy (2010)
Source of Funding: Australian Federal Government, Department of Education and Training, Internationale Mobilität und wissenschaftlicher Austausch
- Zeilinger, E.L. et al. (2022) ‘The impact of COVID‐19 on cancer care of outpatients with low socioeconomic status’, International Journal of Cancer, 151, p. 77-82. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijc.33960.
- Zeilinger, E.L. et al. (2022) ‘Prevalence of anxiety and depression in people with different types of cancer or haematologic malignancies: a cross-sectional study’, Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences, 31. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/s2045796022000592.
- Zeilinger, E.L. et al. (2022) ‘Informant-based assessment instruments for dementia in people with intellectual disability: A systematic review and standardised evaluation’, Research in Developmental Disabilities, 121, p. 104148. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2021.104148.
- Zeilinger, E.L. et al. (2022) ‘Challenges in Palliative Care Nursing at a University Hospital’, Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/njh.0000000000000886.
- Zeilinger, E.L. et al. (2020) ‘Intellectual disability literacy and its connection to stigma: A multinational comparison study in three European countries’, PLOS ONE. Edited by T. van Amelsvoort, 15(10), p. e0239936. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0239936.