Information about the request for granting Venia docendi at the Vienna Medical University
Request for granting Venia docendi can be made at any time; two deadlines were fixed each year (start of May or start of November) for the procedure (“time of submission” from which the JCR list to be applied for results, formal check of the submitted documents).
In order to guarantee a defined process and shorten the procedure duration, the submission is processed electronically; the documents must also be submitted in paper format in a single copy due to legal reasons.
The following documents listed must have arrived in paper format into the university administration office by this time (form sheets and forms are available as downloads – see below)
Building 88, 1. Floor, Room 906E
1090 Vienna, Austria
Required documents in 1 copy, fastened by staplers, no transparencies
- Request with information about the private and office address (signed upload and scanned Download)
- Curriculum Vitae (no template)
- Journallist (Download) - publications included for the synopsis of the qualification treatise need to be marked with an *
- List of publications (no template)
- PhD certificate or specialist doctor's degree (copy)
- Personal data form (signed upload and scanned Download)
- Proof of citizenship (copy). For foreign nationals: Passport copy
- Information on the evaluation of teaching at Medical University of Vienna
- 4-6 pages of the synopsis of the qualification treatise (no template)
- Scientific works in original (*pdf)
Files are to be saved as pdf files and uploaded.
Fee collection costs (in cash) amount to at most € 160.20 (the actual amount can only be calculated upon submission of the documents to be submitted the rector's office)
Electronic submission: Instruction