Benchmarking; Chronic Disease; Evaluation Studies; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Health economics; Health Services Research; Health system performance assessment; Outcome Assessment (Health Care); Palliative Care; Public Health; Quality Indicators, Health Care; Telemedicine
- Health Economics
Research Area: Major research areas include the socioeconomic aspects of health, the organisation and evaluation of health care services and health systems, and the comparative costs, benefits and cost-effectiveness of relevant preventative, diagnostic and treatment options.
- Health system performance assessment
- Outcomes research
- Patient reported outcome measures
- Development and evaluation of performance measures
- Economic evaluation
- Quality of hospital care
- Palliative care
- Chronic disorders
- Prediction modelling
- PallPROMs - Validating a core set of patient-reported outcome measures to monitor and evaluate quality of palliative care in Austria (2019)
Source of Funding: Medical University of Vienna, FWF
- Fischer C, Alvarico SJ, Wildner B, Schindl M, Simon J (2023): The relationship of hospital and surgeon volume indicators and post-operative outcomes in pancreatic surgery: a systematic literature review, meta-analysis and guidance for valid outcome assessment. HPB(Oxford) April;25(4):387-99.
- Fischer C, Mayer S, Peric N, Simon J, PECUNIA Group (2022): Establishing a comprehensive list of mental health-related services and resource use items in Austria: A national-level, cross-sectoral country report for the PECUNIA project. PLoS One, 21;17(1):e0262091.
- Fischer C, Mayer S, Peric N, Simon J. (2002): Harmonization issues in unit costing of service use for multi-country, multi-sectoral health economic evaluations: a scoping review. Health Econ Rev. 3;12(1):42.
- Fischer C, Lingsma M, Marang van de Mheen P, Kringos DS, Klazinga NS, Steyerberg EW. Is the readmission rate a valid quality indicator? A review of the evidence. PloS One. 2014; 9 (11).
- Fischer C, Lingsma H, Klazinga N, Hardwick R, Cromwell D, Steyerberg E, Groene O. Volume-outcome revisited: The effect of hospital and surgeon volumes on multiple outcome measures in oesophago-gastric cancer surgery. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 26;12(10).