Calcium; Diabetes Mellitus; Pancreas; Patch-Clamp Techniques; Ryanodine Receptor Calcium Release Channel; Time-Lapse Imaging
- Cell and tissue networks
Head: Marjan Slak Rupnik
Research Area: Collective activity presents a basic mode of operation in complex cell and tissue network activity and can be assessed using various advanced computational tools (complex network, spin glass model, phase flipping model, random matrix theory).
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Acute pancreas tissue slices from mice and human
- Confocal time-lapse imaging of [Ca2+] in acute pancreatic tissue slices
- Patch-clamp measurements in acute pancreatic tissue slices
- Immunofluorescence microscopy
- Insulin assay
- Modern data analysis
- Postić, S. et al. (2022) ‘pH-Dependence of Glucose-Dependent Activity of Beta Cell Networks in Acute Mouse Pancreatic Tissue Slice’, Frontiers in Endocrinology, 13. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2022.916688.
- Postić, S. et al. (2021) ‘High resolution analysis of the cytosolic Ca2+ events in beta cell collectives in situ’. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/2021.04.14.439796.