Benchmarking; Chronic Disease; Evaluation Studies; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Health economics; Health Services Research; Health system performance assessment; Palliative Care; Public Health; Quality Indicators, Health Care; Telemedicine
- Health Economics
Research Area: Major research areas include the socioeconomic aspects of health, the organisation and evaluation of health care services and health systems, and the comparative costs, benefits and cost-effectiveness of relevant preventative, diagnostic and treatment options.
- Health system performance assessment
- Outcomes research
- Patient reported outcome measures
- Development and evaluation of performance measures
- Economic evaluation
- Quality of hospital care
- Palliative care
- Chronic disorders
- Prediction modelling
- Fischer C, Lingsma H, Hardwick R, Cromwell DA, Steyerberg E, Groene O. Risk adjustment models for short-term outcomes after surgical resection for oesophago-gastric cancer. British Journal of Surgery. 2016. 103(1): 105-116.
- Fischer C, Steyerberg EW, Fonarow GC, Ganiats TG, Lingsma HF. A systematic review and meta-analysis on the association between quality of hospital care and readmission rates in patients with heart failure. American Heart Journal 2015 Nov;170(5):1005-17.
- Fischer C, Lingsma H, van Leersum N, Tollenaar RA, Wouters MW. Comparing colon cancer outcomes: The impact of low hospital case volume and case-mix adjustment. European Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2015; 41(8).
- Fischer C, Lingsma M, Marang van de Mheen P, Kringos DS, Klazinga NS, Steyerberg EW. Is the readmission rate a valid quality indicator? A review of the evidence. PloS One. 2014; 9 (11).
- Fischer C, Lingsma H, Klazinga N, Hardwick R, Cromwell D, Steyerberg E, Groene O. Volume-outcome revisited: The effect of hospital and surgeon volumes on multiple outcome measures in oesophago-gastric cancer surgery. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 26;12(10).