Biomedical Engineering; Computer Simulation; Electromagnetic Fields; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- ultra-high field MRI and MRS
- Multi-channel receive and transmit MR coils
- EM simulation
- RF measurement techniques
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Our RF lab is equipped with three network analyzers (Agilent E5071C, Agilent E6061B, HP 3577A), oscilloscopes, soldering stations, and a variety of mechanical tools.
For 3D electromagnetic simulations of RF coils, software packages Remcom XFdtd and Agilent ADS running on a dedicated workstation with four NVIDIA Tesla C2070 GPUs are available.
- MRT und HF Technik (2019)
Source of Funding: FFG (Austrian Research Promotion Agency), Talente
- Development of a wireless optical link for the transmission of MR signals (2018)
Source of Funding: OeAD (Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research), Scientific & Technological Cooperation
- Nohava, L. et al., 2020. Perspectives in Wireless Radio Frequency Coil Development for Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Frontiers in Physics, 8. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fphy.2020.00011.
- Frass-Kriegl, R. et al., 2020. Multi-Loop Radio Frequency Coil Elements for Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Theory, Simulation, and Experimental Investigation. Frontiers in Physics, 7. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fphy.2019.00237.
- Navarro de Lara et al., 2019. Design, Implementation, and Evaluation of a Head and Neck MRI RF Array Integrated with a 511 keV Transmission Source for Attenuation Correction in PET/MR. Sensors, 19(15), p.3297. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/s19153297.
- Frass-Kriegl, R. et al., 2018. Flexible 23-channel coil array for high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging at 3 Tesla C. M. Deniz, ed. PLOS ONE, 13(11), p.e0206963. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0206963.
- Goluch, S. et al., 2018. Proton-decoupled carbon magnetic resonance spectroscopy in human calf muscles at 7 T using a multi-channel radiofrequency coil. Scientific Reports, 8(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-24423-x.