Allergy Diagnosis; Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Pediatric Allergology and Pulmonology
Research Area: Pediatric Allergology: Primary food allergies (IgE- and non-IgE-mediated),new markers of diagnosis (BAT), food challenges; allergen-specific preventive immuntherapy trial in 4 year old children Pediatric Pulmonology: cystic fibrosis treatment trials
- primary food allergies in children
- placebo-controlled, randomized, preventive allergen-specific immunotherapy in young children
- clinical studies in severe atopic dermatitis
- clinical studies in rare disease of the airways in children
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- food challenges (clinical)
- other provocation tests (unspecific, specific)
- flow cytometry
- cell culture (proliferation, cytokine detection, inhibition assays)
- IgE immunoblotting
- Hydroxychloroquine in pediatric ILD (2017)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), E-Rare Joint Transnational Call
- Román‐Carrasco, P. et al., 2019. Only α‐Gal bound to lipids, but not to proteins, is transported across enterocytes as an IgE‐reactive molecule that can induce effector cell activation. Allergy, 74(10), pp.1956–1968. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/all.13873.
- Ponce, M. et al., 2019. Preventive sublingual immunotherapy with House Dust Mite extract modulates epitope diversity in pre‐school children. Allergy, 74(4), pp.780–787. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/all.13658.
- Moñino‐Romero, S. et al., 2019. Soluble Fcɛ RI : a biomarker for IgE‐mediated diseases. Allergy. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/all.13734.
- Moñino-Romero, S. et al., 2018. The soluble isoform of human FcɛRI is an endogenous inhibitor of IgE-mediated mast cell responses. Allergy, 74(2), pp.236–245. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/all.13567.