FREEMOVERS are external students who apply to the teaching hospital directly in order to participate in the Clinical Practical Year (CPY) and whose training is not embedded in a student exchange program (ERASMUS+ / SEMP). Freemovers are not enrolled at Medical University of Vienna.
- Freemovers organize their training period with the hosting teaching hospital directly.
- The International Office of MedUni Vienna is not involved administratively.
- Freemovers do not get enrolled at MedUni Vienna. Only ERASMUS+ /SEMP trainees will be enrolled for the duration of their CPY training period.
- Starting dates and CPY training periods are the same at all Austrian medical universities / teaching hospitals and apply both to Austrian and international students.The duration of the clinical-practical training period cannot be shortened. The permitted absent days cannot be used to shorten the KPJ tertiary.
- Provided that the hosting clinic is an accredited teaching hospital of MedUni Vienna, the International Office can sign the "Certification of Practical Training at a Hospital" upon completion of the training period (this also applies to Freemovers). Only the MedUni Vienna form linked above will be issued without exception. Students are encouraged to enquire at their home university / the responsible examination office before the start of the training period whether this form is sufficient for their purposes.
- The Certification of Practical Training at a Hospital can only be issued if the accreditation of both clinic and department is confirmed on this website (please make sure that name of clinic and name of department are correct).
- CPY logbooks will not be signed for Freemovers.
- General information on the Clinical Practical Year at MedUni Vienna is available on the following website: https://kpj.meduniwien.ac.at/.
- International Students are welcome to contact the International Office in case of questions (email to email@example.com) .