ACTH-Secreting Pituitary Adenoma; Adrenal Cortex Diseases; Carbohydrate Metabolism; Cushing Syndrome; Glucocorticoids; Growth Hormone; Growth Hormone-Secreting Pituitary Adenoma; Hypopituitarism; Neuroendocrine Cells; Neuroendocrine Tumors; Pituitary Diseases; Pituitary-Adrenal System; Registries
- Neuroendocrinology and rare endocrine diseases
Our research includes clinical and translational projects in the field of neuroendocrinology and rare endocrine diseases with a special focus on neuroendocrine-metabolic-immune interactions. We aim to elucidate novel cross-talks governing the regulation and function of pituitary hormones and glucocorticoids at both cellular at systemic levels. In addition, we investigate pathophysiological mechanisms and outcomes in patients with pituitary diseases and other rare endocrine diseases.
- Vila, G. & Fleseriu, M., 2019. Fertility and Pregnancy in Women With Hypopituitarism: A Systematic Literature Review. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 105(3), pp.e53–e65. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1210/clinem/dgz112.
- Schernthaner-Reiter, M.H. et al., 2018. Factors predicting long-term comorbidities in patients with Cushing’s syndrome in remission. Endocrine, 64(1), pp.157–168. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12020-018-1819-6.
- Vila, G. et al., 2012. B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Modulates Ghrelin, Hunger, and Satiety in Healthy Men. Diabetes, 61(10), pp.2592–2596. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.2337/db11-1466.
- Clodi, M. et al., 2008. Oxytocin alleviates the neuroendocrine and cytokine response to bacterial endotoxin in healthy men. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, 295(3), pp.E686–E691. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.90263.2008.
- Vila, G. et al., 2004. Sonic hedgehog regulates CRH signal transduction in the adult pituitary. The FASEB Journal, 19(2), pp.1–15. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1096/fj.04-2138fje.