The main concern of the Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is to treat seriously ill children and adolescents with chronic or acute conditions, in line with the principles of evidence-based medicine. Due to increasing specialization in pediatrics and adolescent medicine, it is necessary to have multidisciplinary teams of experts.
The Department offers in-patient and out-patient care for all age categories, from tiny newborns to young adults, always, of course, with the close involvement of their families. The child itself is always the main focus.
The Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is made up of five divisions, the Core Unit for Education, the various research areas and the general clinical areas.
- Division of Neonatalogy, Intensive Care Medicine and Neuropediatrics
- Division of Pediatric Cardiology (Kinderherzzentrum Wien)
- Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergology and Endocrinology
- Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Gastroenterology
- Division of Pediatrics with special focus on Pediatric Hemotology-Oncology (St. Anna Children`s Hospital)