ERASMUS+ also supports the opportunity to go for a traineeship abroad as a recent graduate. In this case, the traineeship must occur within one year of graduation and interested students must apply while still being enrolled in their higher education institution.
- Students have to apply for the mobility grant through the international or Erasmus+ office of their higher education institution.
- Students have to organise the traineeship positions by themselves.
- The traineeship is completed within 12 months after graduation of a graduate, bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree (candidates must no longer be enrolled at the start of their traineeship).
- The position must be a full-time position.
- The traineeship needs to be relevant for the degree-related learning and personal development needs.
- The duration of the traineeship must be at least 2 full months, but shall not exceed a maximum of 12 months per study level. Completed Erasmus students and Erasmus practical placements are included in the maximum practical placement duration.
INCOMINGS @ Medical University of Vienna
- The International Office does not arrange traineeship positions:
Applications shall be sent directly to the relevant departments, which decide themselves about acceptance of the application according to their capacities.
Due to Austrian Medical Law, it is no longer possible to do clinical clerkships after graduation – as (recent) graduate it is only possible to engage in clinical practice when employed in an official position for doctors in training or as a clinical fellow. Therefore it is not possible to perform a clinical ERASMUS Traineeship as Recent Graduate.
- For research traineeships after graduation (as for any kind of training at a company/department which is no longer part of the studies), the legal situation in Austria requires employment for insurance reasons (social security and professional liability) - even though the ERASMUS programme may only prescribe accident and liability insurance. Marginal employment is not an option since the position needs to be full-time.