Erasmus+ promotes teaching stays at European partner universities as well as further education and training measures of university staff at universities of EU member states as well as third countries associated to the programme to the extent of at least 2 days and a maximum of 2 months.
- These activities can include teaching as well as
- training periods (e.g. job shadowing, training).
The prerequisite is a current employment relationship with the Medical University of Vienna.
Staff mobility for teaching purposes enables all teaching staff at a partner HEI to teach abroad.
Staff mobility for training abroad enables all staff members at a higher education institution to participate in a training activity abroad relevant to their daily work at the higher education institution. The activity may take the form of training events (excluding conferences) or periods of job shadowing.
Expanding competences with ERASMUS
Learning from each other and sharing knowledge is an important principle of every higher education institution. Through Erasmus stays, not only expertise but also pedagogical skills can be exchanged. More experience means enrichment and thus expansion of the teaching offered at higher education institutions. Exchanges of university staff also strengthen cooperation between universities.
Cross-border cooperation can strengthen own competences and increase quality in general. The improvement of language skills can be a great added value for further cooperation and strategic objectives of one's own institutions can be pushed.
- Interested parties in staff mobility should first contact the International Office.
- Applications are possible at any time!
- If the International Office awards funding for staff mobility from EU funds*, interested parties are requested to submit an application for a travel on official business (DIENSTREISE-Antrag) via the Human Resources and Staff Development Department.
- A request for paid leave from work (Antrag auf Dienstfreistellung) is not required for the duration of an ERASMUS Mobility stay; an approved ERASMUS Mobility justifies the official absence.
- An ERASMUS Mobility is not possible during an educational leave of absence (Bildungskarenz), as a leave of absence results in the release from official duties.
- You can register for ERASMUS staff mobility via the mobility management programme MOBILITY ONLINE.
Once you have created an account, you can download the documents that are essential for implementation in accordance with the EU directives and also upload them again with the required signatures before and after your stay.
Please contact the International Office for access to Mobility Online in advance of the planned mobility.
- Mobility Agreement (Mobiliy-Agreement), signed by the mobile person, the ERASMUS coordinator of MedUni Vienna and the ERASMUS coordinator of the host institution,
- Grant Agreement (funding agreement), signed by the mobile person and the Vice Rectorate for Research and Innovation.
- Confirmation of stay.
- After the Staff Mobility, the staff member must submit a travel invoice (DIENSTREISERECHNUNG) in accordance with the provisions of the Travel Fee Regulation 1955 RGV (Reisegebührenvorschrift 1955 RGV idgF.), as amended, using a travel invoice form (DIENSTREISERECHNUNG) from the Department of Human Resources and Staff Development. The travel invoice must be completed and submitted through official channels, together with the original authorisation of the travel and the required original receipts. Please note that the travel date of the approved travel application must correspond exactly with the travel date of the travel invoice.The travel fees will be calculated by the Human Resources and Personnel Development Department after the end of the mobility upon submission of the necessary receipts to the Human Resources and Personnel Development Department. The amount of the subsidy is based on the RGV (Travel Fee Regulation of the Federal Government), but is limited to the maximum limits of travel and accommodation costs set by the EU.
The following requirements must be fulfilled in order to receive a grant for the costs:
- Travel expense receipts in accordance with RGV (Travel Fee Regulations of the Federal Government): To be submitted to the Human Resources and Staff Development Department.
- Confirmation of stay: to be submitted to the International Office.
- EU Participant Survey: A call to fill in this report will be sent automatically by e-mail through an online tool of the EU after the end of the mobility.
* EU funding for staff mobility is allocated according to the available EU budget funds on the basis of MedUni Vienna's past performance.
In order to be able to participate in staff mobility within the framework of the ERASMUS programme, the following requirements must be met beforehand:
As ERASMUS STAFF MOBILITY is spent at individual departments of interest, the International Office cannot process your application before you have submitted the duly signed acceptance by the respective department.
Not till then can your application be confirmed by signing the required ERASMUS documents. The contact to the department has to be arranged already beforehand by the candidates themselves.
- Notification to the International Office of the Medical University of Vienna by the clinic secretariat:
The clinic secretariats informally forward the following information by e-mail to the International Office of the MedUni Vienna, email@example.com, in order to arrange the registration in the International Office:
- Mobility Agreement to be provided by the applicant together with
- the STM Staff Mobility Acceptance Form provided by the receiving department.
- Registration for professional indemnity by the clinic secretariat:
The clinic secretariats send the following information informally by e-mail to the Incident Management and Prevention Staff unit of the Medical Directorate (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for the registration of professional liability:
- Requesting clinic
- Name of the participant
- Date of birth
- Category of employment
- Planned period of employment
- Health Confirmation for submission to the clinic secretariat:
- A health certificate is required. (Form: "Medical certificate" from 11.08.2017 V1.0 or equivalent document)
- For a visit or activity in the surgical area, surgical wards, MRSA screening (nose) is also required in intensive care units or paediatric clinics. The findings must be made within one month before the start of the visit or of the activity.
- For certain areas, additional health certifications may be issued in accordance with the management of the area such as tuberculosis pulmonary X-rays.