Erasmus+ promotes teaching stays at European partner universities as well as further education and training measures of university staff at universities of EU member states as well as third countries associated to the programme to the extent of at least 2 days and a maximum of 2 months.
Expanding competences with ERASMUS
Learning from each other and sharing knowledge is an important principle of every higher education institution. Through Erasmus stays, not only expertise but also pedagogical skills can be exchanged. More experience means enrichment and thus expansion of the teaching offered at higher education institutions. Exchanges of university staff also strengthen cooperation between universities.
Cross-border cooperation can strengthen own competences and increase quality in general. The improvement of language skills can be a great added value for further cooperation and strategic objectives of one's own institutions can be pushed.
In order to be able to participate in staff mobility within the framework of the ERASMUS programme, the following requirements must be met beforehand:
As ERASMUS STAFF MOBILITY is spent at individual departments of interest the International Office cannot process your application before you have submitted the duly signed acceptance by the respective department.
Not till then can your application be confirmed by signing the required ERASMUS documents. The contact to the department has to be arranged already beforehand by the candidates themselves.
- Notification to the International Office of the Medical University of Vienna by the clinic secretariat:
The clinic secretariats informally forward the following information by e-mail to the International Office of the MedUni Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to arrange the registration in the International Office:
- Mobility Agreement to be provided by the applicant together with
- the STM Staff Mobility Acceptance Form for provided by the receiving department.
- Registration for professional indemnity by the clinic secretariat:
The clinic secretariats send the following information informally by e-mail to the Incident Management and Prevention Staff unit of the Medical Directorate (email@example.com) to arrange for the registration of professional liability:
- Requesting clinic
- Name of the participant
- Date of birth
- Category of employment
- Planned period of employment
- Health Confirmation for submission to the clinic secretariat:
- A health certificate is required. (Form: "Medical certificate" from 11.08.2017 V1.0 or equivalent document)
- For a visit or activity in the surgical area, surgical wards, MRSA screening (nose) is also required in intensive care units or paediatric clinics. The findings must be made within one month before the start of the visit or of the activity.
- For certain areas, additional health certifications may be issued in accordance with the management of the area such as tuberculosis pulmonary X-rays.