Bipolar Disorder; Cognitive Science; Dementia; Depression; Functional Neuroimaging; Neuroimmunology; Neuropsychopharmacology; Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Neurobiology, Psychopharmacology, Neurocognition, Neuroimmunology, Functional Neuroimaging, Neurogenetics.
Ao. Univ. Prof. DDr. Gabriele Sachs is Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical University of Vienna (MUW), Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Division of Social Psychiatry, Austria. Prof. Sachs established a clinical research program for patients with schizophrenia at MUW, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy. She is head of the outpatient clinic for patients with schizophrenia and first episode patients and of the clinical cognitive neuroscience research group. From 2012 -2014 she was Medical Director of the Neuropsychiatric State -Hospital Wagner Jauregg Linz, Upper Austria. Since 2013 she is President of the Austrian Society of Neuropsychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry. Since 2015 she is a member of the ECNP Schizophrenia Network.
The main topic of her research work is on cognition and emotion recognition in patients with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, validation of new neuropsychological assessments and neuro-psychological intervention programs. She is specialist for Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology as well as Psychotherapy and Psychotherapeutic Medicine.
- European Network of National Networks studying Gene-Environment Interactions in Schizophrenia (EU-GEI) Schizophr Bull. 2014 Jul;40(4):729-36
- Sachs G, Moser E, Katschnig H, Gur RC, Gur RE, Erfurth A. No amygdala attenuation in schizophrenic patients treated with atypical antipsychotics. Psychiatry Research Neuroimaging 2012, 202:168 - 171.
- Sachs G., Winklbaur B., Jagsch R., Kryspin-Exner I., Frommann N., Wölwer W., Training of affect recognition (TAR) in schizophrenia - Impact on functional outcome Schizophr Research 2012, 138: 262 - 267.
- Sachs G, Winklbaur B, Jagsch R, Keefe RS. 2010. Validation of the German Version of the Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS) ,
- Sachs G, Steger-Wuchse D, Kryspin-Exner I, Gur RC, Katschnig H: Facial recognition deficits and cognition in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res 68(2004)27-35