Computer Communication Networks; Electronic Health Records; Health Information Management; Reference Standards
My research concentrates on the area of recording, processing and exchanging health data in the context of patient-centered inter-organizational medical documentations. In particular this includes the topics of standardization of electronic health records, analysis of medical documentations, and reuse of routine data for scientific purposes.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Modelling of health data
- Application of eHealth standards such as HL7 CDA, FHIR, ISO/EN 13606, openEHR, IHE XDS
- Analysis of health databases
- Duftschmid, G. et al., 2013. The EHR-ARCHE project: Satisfying clinical information needs in a Shared Electronic Health Record System based on IHE XDS and Archetypes. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 82(12), pp.1195-1207. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2013.08.002.
- Duftschmid, G., Chaloupka, J. & Rinner, C., 2013. Towards plug-and-play integration of archetypes into legacy electronic health record systems: the ArchiMed experience. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 13(1), p.11. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1472-6947-13-11.
- Duftschmid, G., Wrba, T. & Rinner, C., 2010. Extraction of standardized archetyped data from Electronic Health Record systems based on the Entity-Attribute-Value Model. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 79(8), pp.585-597. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2010.04.007.
- Rinner, C. et al., 2016. Improving the informational continuity of care in diabetes mellitus treatment with a nationwide Shared EHR system: Estimates from Austrian claims data. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 92, pp.44-53. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2016.05.001.
- Ammenwerth, E., Duftschmid G., et al., 2014. A nationwide computerized patient medication history: Evaluation of the Austrian pilot project "e-Medikation". International Journal of Medical Informatics, 83(9), pp.655-669. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2014.06.00.