Image Processing, Computer-Assisted; Medical Physics; Radiotherapy, Image-Guided; Software Design
- Medical Radiation Research
Head: Dietmar Georg
Research Area: The vision of our group is the optimization of the treatment outcome of radiation oncology, alone or in combination with established chemotherapy or novel targeted strategies of drug treatment, with conventional photon or innovative ion-beams.
My primary research focus is on real-time tumor tracking of moving tumors (e.g. due to breathing or organ filling) in radiotherapy to manage precise dose delivery and decrease planing target volumes to avoid irradiation of healthy tisse and therefore minimize side effects for patients.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Real-time 2D/3D image registration
- Rendering of Digitally Reconstructed Radiographs (DRR)
- Ray-Casting Methods on GPU (Cuda)
- Merit-Functions like Stochastik-Rank-Correlation, Cross-Correlation, Mutual-Information, etc.
- Optimizer algortihms used for image registration
- Internal/external motion correlation models (including prediction)