Biomarkers, Pharmacological; Colorectal Neoplasms; Colorectal Surgery; General Surgery; Translational Medical Research
- ARGE Bachleitner
- Surgical Research Laboratories
Head: Michael Bergmann
Research Area: The task of the laboratory is to combine molecular/cellular biology and the needs posed by surgical patients. Thus, the laboratory acts at the interface between clinical medicine and basic research, promoting translational medical science.
Members:Daniela KandiolerThomas AschacherAdrian Türkcan
- Translational Medical Reasearch - liquid biopsy, biomarkers, DNA-methylation
- Oncology - Colorectal cancer, peritoneal carcinosis
- Endocrinology - pHPT
- TCM - acupuncture
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Science lab skills
- Basic statistical analyses
- Maintenance of databases
- Singh, J., Bachleitner-Hofmann, T. & Riss, S., 2014. Modern management of peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin - Is hyperthermic intraoperative peritoneal chemotherapy the treatment of first choice? Journal of Solid Tumors, 4(2). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.5430/jst.v4n2p1.
- Singh, J. et al., 2014. Rectal cancer surgery in older people does not increase postoperative complications - a retrospective analysis. World Journal of Surgical Oncology, 12(1), p.355. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1477-7819-12-355.