Chronic Disease; Health; Health Behavior; Micronutrients; Nutrition and Dietetics; Nutrition Assessment; Nutrition Surveys; Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases; Nutritional Sciences; Nutritional Status; Nutritionists; Obesity; Occupational Health; Public Health; Schools, Public Health
My main research focus is Public Health Nutrition, obesity prevention and treatment.
- Luger, M. et al., 2018. Gradual reduction of free sugars in beverages on sale by implementing the beverage checklist as a public health strategy. European Journal of Public Health, 28(5), pp.961-967. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/cky039.
- Luger, M. et al., 2017. Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Weight Gain in Children and Adults: A Systematic Review from 2013 to 2015 and a Comparison with Previous Studies. Obesity Facts, 10(6), pp.674-693. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1159/000484566.
- Luger, M. et al., 2016. Vitamin D3 Loading Is Superior to Conventional Supplementation After Weight Loss Surgery in Vitamin D-Deficient Morbidly Obese Patients: a Double-Blind Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. Obesity Surgery, 27(5), pp.1196-1207. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-016-2437-0.
- Luger, M. et al., 2018. Changes in Bone Mineral Density Following Weight Loss Induced by One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass in Patients with Vitamin D Supplementation. Obesity Surgery, 28(11), pp.3454-3465. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-018-3353-2.
- Luger, M. et al., 2016. Prevalence of Liver Fibrosis and its Association with Non-invasive Fibrosis and Metabolic Markers in Morbidly Obese Patients with Vitamin D Deficiency. Obesity Surgery, 26(10), pp.2425-2432. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-016-2123-2.