Epidemiologic Methods; Epidemiologic Research Design; Infectious Disease Medicine; Qualitative Research
My general research interest is the clinical and general epidemiology of rare and infectious diseases.
I am also interested in the conduct and implementation of clinical studies for neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), and consulting patients on aspects of study design, such as their preferred treatment outcomes, using qualitative methods.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Quantitative methods (R), Bayesian models of diagnostic test accuracy
- Qualitative methods (NVivo)
- Field laboratory and epidemiological work
- Monitoring of Ivermectin Resistance in Onchocerca volvulus (2012)
Source of Funding: OeAW (Austrian Academy of Sciences), DOC-fFORTE fellowship
- Erber, A.C. et al., 2018. An international qualitative study exploring patients' experiences of cutaneous leishmaniasis: study set-up and protocol. BMJ Open, 8(6), p.e021372. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-021372.
- Olliaro, P. et al., 2018. Harmonized clinical trial methodologies for localized cutaneous leishmaniasis and potential for extensive network with capacities for clinical evaluation A. R. Satoskar, ed. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 12(1), p.e0006141. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0006141.