Carcinoma, Pancreatic Ductal; Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency; Pancreas; Pancreatectomy; Pancreatic Cyst; Pancreatic Diseases; Pancreatic Neoplasms; Pancreatitis
- Pancreatic Cancer Unit
Research Area: Diagnostic and treatment of pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms Prehabilitation program before surgery
- Pancreatic surgery
Head: Martin Schindl
Research Area: Body composition and inflammation in pancreatic neoplasms.
My main research focus is to understand the importance of pancreatic cancer and neoplasic cystic lesions of the pancreas (ie. Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm IPMN; mucinous cystic neoplasm MCN) The research is designed to elucidate mechanisms underlying the different typs of pancreas cysts and to develop novel surgical approaches inpancreatic cancer surgery.
- Sahora, K. et al., 2013. Branch Duct Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms. Annals of Surgery, 258(3), pp.466,
- Sahora, K. et al., 2014. Not all mixed-type intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms behave like main-duct lesions: Implications of minimal involvement of the main pancreatic duct. Surgery, 156(3), pp.611,
- Sahora, K. et al., 2015. Effects of Comorbidities on Outcomes of Patients With Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 13(10), pp.1816,
- Sahora, K. et al., 2011. NeoGemOx: Gemcitabine and oxaliplatin as neoadjuvant treatment for locally advanced, nonmetastasized pancreatic cancer. Surgery, 149(3), pp.311,
- Gruber, E.S. et al., 2019. Sarcopenia and sarcopenic obesity are independent adverse prognostic factors in resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma F. X. Real, ed. PLOS ONE, 14(5), p.e0215915. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0215915.